Thursday, May 19, 2011

Amazing Banana Bread!!!

Ok, so I have never done this before but I thought I would share a treasure with you all. The other day I had some bananas getting ripe and banana bread sounded delicious so I set out online to find a recipe to try. I found a recipe for Buttermilk Banana Bread on a blog, The Kitchen Cafe, that Katy has mentioned in her blog. It is absolutely amazing so try it!

It was simple to make and I topped it with a glaze which my family loved. I did add chocolate chips and walnuts. The walnuts were a big hit but the chocolate chips weren't as popular. Also I noticed that the loaf with the chocolate chips took quite a bit longer to cook so take that into consideration if you go that route.


2 comments:

Stacie said...

I made this last night in a bunt cake pan and then bought the new duncan hines glaze to put on top of it, it was easy and delicious... Definitely a party hit.

Katy Wilson said...

Sounds yummy! But what kind of crazy person prefers walnuts to chocolate chips!?!? ;)