Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Shrimp Cocktail Soup

If you like shrimp cocktail, you will like this soup. It is wonderful for summer because it is served cold.

2 qts. tomato juice
4 cups chopped celery
1 green pepper, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
2 bottles seafood cocktail sauce
1-2 Tbs horseradish
3 Tbs vinegar
2 Tbs worchestershire sauce
3/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice
1-2 lbs. tiny salad shrimp

Combine all inredients and refridgerate at least overnight. Will keep for several days in the fridge. (I leave out the green pepper because I hate green pepper. Also, I usually don't use all 4 cups of celery, especially if I use 2 lbs. of shrimp.)

3 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

Yeah! I might make this today since it's just me and Daron at home this week!

Kathy N said...

why does it make a difference that it is just you and daron. it makes A TON

LKP said...

::hugs::
thanks for your sweet comments. i was always kinda sad that i never got to meet great-grandpa grow. i'm glad to know the acorn didn't fall far from the tree.

as for the recipe, i'll have to give it a whirl for my husband. he loves shrimp, and store-bought cocktail just doesn't cut the mustard. :)

-keely